Saturday, February 1, 2014

It's been 13 months since Lucky died.

So much has happened.  What distresses me the most is that our beloved pets continue to get sick and die from this awful plant.  Companies have no reason to put warnings on these plants.

On to Aly.  Aly before the puppies arrived.

Before we could get her a Cocker sister 2 very small (2lbs&4lbs) Maltipoo's arrived.  Lucky was so sick for so long that Aly acted like a little old lady, she did not play and just stayed glued to me. I thought the puppies would be good for her but she seemed to think I had lost my mind.  We got Gypsy and Bear some time in March 2013.  For a couple months Aly ran away from them and looked distressed every time they tried to get too close. Pics in order.  Aly and Gypsy eating side by side.  Lucky's bowls still where he left them.
 Aly trying very hard to get away from that little thing.
 bear and Gypsy playing.
 Aly getting as high as she can to get away from double trouble.

Bear is all boy and aggressive in a playful way.  I began to think he was not good for Aly so he went back to my daughter.  And then I noticed Aly and Gypsy just laid around like even littler old ladies.  bear came back and we all settled in.  I then began to realize that Bear is just like Lucky.  It's scary how much bear is like Lucky before he got sick.  He gets the girls moving, playing and when needed, hiding from him.  :-)  If the girls are relaxing with me and he shows up, he jumps right into the middle, like Lucky use to.  He sleeps in the same spot on the bed as lucky did and his personality is like Lucky reincarnated.  Once we realized it, it was so crazy.  We feel like our boy is with us in this fabulous little boy.  Bear has many things unique to him, I'll show you those in another blog.

Lucky would have been 10 this Feb. This is Lucky and Aly in 9/20/2011.
RIP Lucky!

1 comment:

  1. Hi-
    I am so sorry for you loss, Lucky seemes like a special litle guy and you obviously loved him so very much. He truly was lucky! I have read through your heartbreaking ordeal with Lucky, I found your blog because I am searching for anything on this...my Chewie ingested a few small pieces of a sago palm frond on Valentine's day. He threw it all up within an hour and was rushed to the vet within 30 minutes of ingestion, he is on denamarin right now. He just went to his week follow up apt. this past saturday and his ALT is 420, but so far everything else is wihtin normal ranges....my vet is so bleak, I fell like she is pretty much considering him as good as dead in a few months....and has offered no other treatment options. I guess I am ust looking for any shred of some hope that maybe Chewie will pull through....is there anything else that you know of like maybe diet I can do to support him? I read something on a liver blog about a potato and fish diet? Chewie hasn't shown any symptoms YET...I am so scared. I am devastated at the thought of what's ahead....I am thinking of trying to get a second opinion on him. I dunno....I hate the thought that there is maybe more I can do to try and help him pull through this.
    Thanks for any advice or insight you can give.

    ReplyDelete