Saturday, January 19, 2013

And then there is Aly....

She is alive and well.  She is laying right next to me snorning. Glad one of us is sleeping.

Aly turned 8, Sept. 21.   I hope we have at least 6 more years with her.

She trotts next to me when I ride my bike, she loves walking by any body of water so she can get wet.  That is a normal trait for a Cocker and Koko was the same way.  Of course Lucky had to be different and never wanted his paws to get wet :-)

She has her booster seat and rides with me to the coast and anywhere else she can go.  She's even been in a TJMaxx and a tile store.  Everyone adores her.  She looks just like Koko and is the same size Koko was.  Lucky was a little bigger, well a bit bigger :-)  he was leggy.

I'm trying to get her a Cocker step-sister.  Sometimes I think she is just fine alone but she's never been the only dog.  This is the first time in her life. I try not to leave her but sometimes it cannot be avoided.  When I get home she acts like a puppy that has not seen me for days. Dancing and running like she's crazy.  She did not do that before.  Before she and Lucky would stand by the door wagging there tails while the door got unlocked and then they would follow me around.

Well like we always do, we will find our way.  Love your Cocker Spaniel, they are very special merry little dogs.

I'll continue to update the blog about Aly.

4 comments:

  1. Sago palm! Who would have known, well I did on 1-21-13 when I had to google "dog ate sago palm" I can not believe this. I have a five month old Jack Russell ( that as bad as it is was a replacement dog for the family pet that we had before our children that had passed away) well he ate pieces of roots off a sago. It is a miracle that we put one and two together and googled the sago. This was 7:30 at night my husband had the vets number and called and he said take him to the ER ASAP! We figure it had been 5 hours after he could have ate it. Well the ER receptionist looked at me like we were holding a dead dog. Like there was no way this was going to end well. Well one night in the ER and 3 days at the vets office day and night. He came home there are a million details I'm leaving out for example they opened him up today because they thought there was a blockage but nothing. The vet says he will live. He in the past five months turned out to be the best dog we have ever had. I know it is still early but I pray this was caught in time and he was truly able to vomit enough up, have enough fluids, plasma, they gave charcoal to help absorb toxins ect: that he will back to normal. He was eating, drinking, and chewy ing his chewy with passion tonight....
    Lucky was lucky to have someone like you to fight for his life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! We loved him like a child. I am so glad your dog is doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I lost my sweet dog, Ashton, today because of a sago palm. I had NO idea they were poisonous. How can this be possible? Why are they even sold?! I'm so angry and heartbroken.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your post made me cry, it still hurts. I am so sorry for your loss. I'm sure Ashton and Lucky are running through the clouds. I no longer know what needs to happen to have warnings put on these plants.

      Delete