Saturday, January 19, 2013

The rest of Lucky's story....

Lucky continued to improve and amaze the vets.  He never could jump up on the bed but he used HIS stairs faithfully.  With his weakened immune system we never could get beyond the ear infections but lord knows we tried everything.  Even weekly packing with antibiotics did not work.  I cleaned and cleaned and used all thedifferent drops. That at least kept him from getting to the point of needing a surgery he could not have because of his condition.

Then in the latter part of 2012 he wasn't eating.  We went back to rice. I kept telling the vet he was not himself but all his numbers where the same.  In Feb 2012 he had turned 8 so as he got closer to 9 I wondered if it was his age considering all he had been through.

In Nov. I got a feeling that Lucky would leave us in 2013 and I decided I needed to prepare mentally and just enjoy him.  I'm Ok with planning but I don't like the bad surprises, the unexpected. I can deal with what I know, it's the unknown, the darn unexpected.

Lucky suddenly, unexpectdly left us Dec 20.  There will never be another one like you. RIP

I look at his pictures and smile.  I'll never forget the time I got a visit to the ER thanks to him and a big bump on my head.  Or what a surprise when he was born. He was the runt, runt and so small.  He did not show-up on Koko's U/S so he was not expected and then he was the only survivor .  I named him Lucky.  He was such a boy and so beautiful.

And one last thing, he was fixed before 6 months and he never even knew it!

No comments:

Post a Comment