Sunday, July 26, 2009

The first week-end, up and down

The fluids and antibiotics seem to have worked. Lucky was about 90% himself. He still could not jump but he was eating. I had gotten him another can prescription food for stomach problems.

By March 11 he was running around outside just like before playing with his friend Daisy.

On March 19 we had his blood work ran again. The news was not good. His ATL was 208. His ALKP was down to 203 from 493. He had also lost 4 lbs. Lucky was normally 34 lbs.

He won't eat dog food anymore so I am cooking him bland chicken and making chicken broth. He has to take ursodial for his liver. They did not have the dosage he needed so I used the capsules my Dad used and no longer needed. Lucky needed approx 1/2 of what my Dad took. I figured out what that was and put the powder in the chicken.

It wasn't looking good.

No comments:

Post a Comment