Thursday, July 30, 2009

Lucky groans, day 149

I don't think I've ever met a dog that groans. Late last night Lucky gained another 8 oz. Everytime he got up or turned over he groaned. I'm not too sure what to think about this.

Koko and Aly have nightmares and make noises as they sleep. They also snore loudly. Lucky really never did any of those things but now he groans. Poor baby, he must be so uncomfortable. He doesn't walk, he waddles. And he never lets me out of his sight. All day long he is up and down the steps following me to and from my office. He's so slow. I want to carry him up and down but I'm afraid to carry him. Just picking him up feels like I will pop him.

By 6 PM today, Lucky gained another 1.8 lbs. His tummy is huge. :-( We will go see Dr M tomorrow to see what he has to say. He's back on the Lasix to see if it will help.

Early this morning, Lucky's head was laying on my arm like a baby would. I had to rub the belly. It ended up as a double tummy rub. He looked like he was in heaven. It reminded me of the times when Koko was pregnant with him and she would lay in exactly the same position in the morning so I could rub her belly. Hers had been shaved also from an ultrasound so it was all soft, warm skin. Those were the days.

No comments:

Post a Comment