Tuesday, July 28, 2009

No one seems to do liver transplants, day 147

Today I called Texas A&M. They obviously do not do transplants of any kind. :-( They said to try UC Davis. UC had done a kidney transplant but no liver. They had no suggestions of who I could call.

A google search got me to Michigan State but the vet that I was looking for left a while ago. They are going to find out where we went and call me back tomorrow.

His thought was you use part of the kidney from a shelter dog but you have to adopt and keep the dog. I like that idea. Except how do I put any dog through that? What if the dog did not survive? For me it will not be easy even with a dog I don't know.

I started Lucky on the diuretics yestertday. Seems to be working because he did not gain any more weight today.

Called the vet today to ask if it's possibly a kidney or heart problem causing the worsening ascities. He does not think so. So we wait.

I give Lucky his Milk Thitsle every day with vienna sausages. It works but I worry about the lack of nutrition in them and all the salt.

No comments:

Post a Comment