Sunday, July 26, 2009

We have medicine problems, day 20

Lucky will no longer eat any food with meds in it. That darn good nose. I don't know what to do.
The vet gave us sam-e, a standard med for liver problem in dogs. He is now on three meds except I can't get him to take any of them.

For three days Lucky eats nothing. Then on day 4 I make some more chicken with rice and he eats it with the sam-e one. Then the next days at 11 AM he throw-up a lot. It looks like rice and yellow oil. The oil looking stuff was bile. That was the first and last time he had the sam-e.

Back to the vet we go. Dr. M says give him whatever he will eat as long as it does not have a lot of fat in it. At this point it's either food or meds. Dr. M says food is more important and not to give him meds in the food he will eat since he is locking his jaw when he smells the meds.

We are also told to look out for neurological problems. I am afraid to let him out of my sight.

No comments:

Post a Comment